buildr-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: easy way of testing multiple versions of buildr?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:14:31 GMT
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Shane Witbeck <shane@digitalsanctum.com>
wrote:

> Is there a trick to easily test 2 or more different versions of buildr
> on the same machine?
>
> I'm making tweaks to our extensions of buildr to make sure they still
> work for versions 1.2.10 and 1.3.1.1 using MRI. What I've been doing
> is uninstalling and reinstalling 1.3.1.1. Seems like there should be
> an easier way?

If I understand your question correctly, you can select which version of
buildr you use by passing the version number on the command-line, e.g.

buildr _1.2.10_ compile
buildr _1.3.1.1_ clean package

That's the version number as first argument, enclosed with underscores.

I've posted another alternative last week which involves specifying the
path(s) to your buildr installation (
http://www.nabble.com/Tip-of-the-week-td17449412.html)

alex