buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <ittay.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Buildr always invokes all projects
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:27:05 GMT
If I have projects A and B in a buildfile and I cd to A and build, B's
definition is invoked.

If I understand correctly, this is done because the 'initialize' task
calls the 'projects' method which invokes all project tasks. Is this
necessary in this case? As far as I understand, whenever a project
definition refers to another project (#project and #projects methods),
the other project is invoked, thus defining it. And local tasks call
local_projects, which can invoke those projects then. All nice and lazy.

I know that I can implement the project's definition, so it does things
lazily (create only entry tasks which when invoked create and invoke
other tasks). But it will be more straight forward for me if buildr
provides this.

Thanks,
Ittay

Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com>