buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <as...@labnotes.org>
Subject Re: Quick Start Documentation
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 00:42:50 GMT
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com>wrote:

> > > You can find all this in my Git clone:
> > > git://github.com/djspiewak/buildr.git/ quickstart  Or, if you just
> > > want to read the new material:
> > >

> http://github.com/djspiewak/buildr/blob/fa9d7a9c58585ec7ebc2e3ac01fb6b6a127aba15/doc/quick_start.textile
> > >
> > > What is the general opinion on this?  Does this sort of "redundant
> quick
> > > start" seem like a good idea to anyone else?
> >

> > Big +1
> >
> > Assaf
>

> Nifty!  Well, if you don't mind then, I'll go ahead and push these changes
> up into the SVN.

I made a couple of changes.  Setup Guide (was Getting Started) is now
Installing and Running, since it deals with both issues.  Also moved
document convention to Quick Start guide.

That way, PDF can start out with Quick Start introduction to Buildr, follow
with Installing and Running, and then tackle all the individual subjects
(Projects, Building, etc)

For Web site:
- Start Here
  - Welcome