buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Quick Start Documentation
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:02:03 GMT
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think an FAQ is an absolute must.  There again is something I looked for
> when I was first coming to Buildr.  I also agree with Martin in that Rake
> is
> foundational (literally) to Buildr, and knowledge of Rake only clarifies
> Buildr and the way it does things.  A short intro to Rake within the
> context
> of Buildr would be quite appropriate, I think; but I think that I'm not the
> right person to create that one, given my extremely limited knowledge of
> Rake.

Alright, I'll volunteer to write the Buildr <--> Rake tutorial.... I'm not
implying I'm the right person but I'm foolish enough to think I can do a
decent job at it.  Plus, I've been meaning to expose the dependencies
between Buildr tasks for some time and this seems like a good opportunity to
do it.

Please bang on my door if I haven't produced something in a week.

alex