buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Variables in YAML
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:33:02 GMT
On many occasions I've been wanting to write a build.yml such as,

scala.version: 2.8.0.Beta1-RC8-SNAPSHOT

scala.test: 1.0.1-for-scala-#{scala.version}
scala.check: 1.7-for-scala-#{scala.version}

but YAML's support for variable/references is pretty basic and doesn't allow
to compose/templatize values like this.  As far as I understand, you can
only declare a reference (&ref) and reuse its value as-is later on (*ref).

Any suggestions on how we could/should do this?  I would really prefer to
keep these contants out of my buildfile.

alex