buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
Subject Re: Idea 7x issues
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:46:03 GMT
A few things to consider:

   1. I think we need to define which versions of IDEA these patches should
   work with. The last idea7x patch which I wrote was specifically for IDEA 7x.
   It seems each subsequent version of IDEA (8x and 9x) has had changes to the
   way they handle project and module files.
   2. Version 8x of IDEA introduced a new way of defining project and module
   files. It's called the "directory-based" approach. I believe the new
   approach was to make it easier to share project files among team members by
   checking into a source repository. The older project files apparently were
   hard to keep in sync because of merge conflicts, etc. Do these patches
   address the traditional project files or the new directory-based approach?
   3. Having gone through the process of trying to keep changes in Buildr
   and IDEA project files in synch along with changing formats with each new
   IDEA version, I finally gave up. I propose a more clearly defined approach
   which addresses differences between IDEA project file version formats.
   Perhaps a departure from idea vs idea7x tasks and have one idea task with a
   param indicating which version to generate the project files for?

That all being said, I'm willing to help in this effort.

-Shane