buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pepijn.vaneeckho...@luciad.com>
Subject PackageGemTask methods not called
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:17:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to package a buildr extension as a gem so I can distribute it
more easily. It seems the PackageGemTask#install method is never called
though.

I'm kind of new to Ruby so I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I
think line 173 in buildr/packaging/package.rb ('package.extend
ActsAsArtifact') is to blame. By extending the package object with
ActsAsArtifact, the install, uninstall and upload methods get overridden
and so the Gem specific variants are never invoked.

I would like to patch this, but I'm not sure what would be the best way
would be to resolve this? Is there some Ruby idiom that would allow this?

Regards,

Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt

--
Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt - Project Leader
T +32 16 23 95 91

LUCIAD - high performance visualization
Wetenschapspark Arenberg | Gaston Geenslaan 9
3001 Leuven | Belgium | www.luciad.com