buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pepijn.vaneeckho...@luciad.com>
Subject Re: PackageGemTask methods not called
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:35:28 GMT
Hi Antoine,

Rereadig my mail, I realize that I should have provided a bit more
context (and sorry for the double message BTW).

My buildfile essentially contains something like this:

define 'my-extension' do
   package(:gem)
end

package will call pacakge_as_gem which in turn will create a
PackageGemTask. PackageGemTask has it's own install/uninstall/upload
implementations. package then takes the PackageGemTask instance and
extends it with ActsAsArtifact which overrides install/uninstall/upload
from PackageGemTask. The net effect of this is that
PackageGemTask#install is never called.

Given that observation I was wondering how to fix this and if it is
possible in the first place. In other words, it is possible for a
package to provide it's own versions of the methods defined in
ActsAsArtifact.

Regards,

Pepijn

--
Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt - Project Leader
T +32 16 23 95 91

LUCIAD - high performance visualization
Wetenschapspark Arenberg | Gaston Geenslaan 9
3001 Leuven | Belgium | www.luciad.com