buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <pepijn.vaneeckho...@luciad.com>
Subject Improved Maven repository handling
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:54:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm investigating how I can make build a better behaved citizen when it
comes to uploading stuff to a maven repository. Specifically I would
like to improve the handling of snapshot uploads. Right now these don't
seem to get any special treatment. Instead I would like to make buildr
upload timestamped builds and update the maven-metadata.xml file.
I've been looking at different solutions and currently have the
following list of options:
- Derive the logic from the Maven source code and implement a work-alike
in Ruby
- Integrate the Maven ant tasks
- Investigate if ivy4r can be used to provide this functionality

The ivy4r route turned out to be a dead end as ivy doesn't seem to
handle maven-metadata on uploads. By default it doesn't upload a pom.xml
either.
That leaves me with the first two options. I would like to get some more
seasoned developer's opinion on this before I really start developing
this. What would the 'preferred' implementation be? Are there any plans
on the table to tackle this already?

Regards,

Pepijn