buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native ant support in JRuby 1.5
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:15:40 GMT
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Rhett Sutphin
<rhett@detailedbalance.net>wrote:

> The JRuby team just announced that JRuby 1.5 is going to have built-in
> support for ruby-language access to ant tasks:
>

> http://www.engineyard.com/blog/2010/rake-and-ant-together-a-pick-it-n-stick-it-approach/
>
> I mention this because it will probably affect buildr in some way.  But I
> also bring it up because the announcement might be a good place to mention
> that buildr and antwrap allow you to do some of this today with either MRI
> or JRuby.  Unfortunately, intensedebate is blocking me from signing up (it
> rejects my OpenID as invalid and I am not receiving an account validation
> message when I sign up the traditional way).
>
> I'll try again later, but if someone else wants to beat me to commenting,
> feel free.

Thanks for commenting (I don't see your comment but I assume it will get
through moderation soon).

As someone who has to use Ant more often than not these days, I pretty
excited about this.  It represents another option to avoid XML programming.

Besides, I think any advocacy for Ruby in the Java world is good for Buildr.
   JRuby + native Ant support could be our gateway drug.

alex