buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:28:00 GMT
On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Antoine Toulme <antoine@lunar-ocean.com>wrote:

> OK for me - I guess the big improvement on that release would also be a
> standalone version with jruby ?

Good question.  Given that JRuby is not licensed under ASL, this will have
to be somewhat separate from the official Apache release.   And JRuby has a
different release cycle, so it makes sense to keep the two somewhat on their
own schedules.   For Buildr 1.4.0, I'm hoping to synchronize both but there
may be some small delay between the two.

If people have suggestions/preferences on where we should host this distro,
I'm listening.  Or better, if somebody wants to take ownership of the entire
JRuby distro...

alex