buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:09:28 GMT
I vote +1 on the next release being 1.4.0.  I would also like to propose
another major new feature for the release: continuous compilation.  This is
sitting in a basically-complete form in my GitHub fork.  I've been
dogfooding it for several months now, and it seems pretty solid.  The only
three remaining tasks of which I am aware are as follows:

   - Documentation (only a few paragraphs are necessary, I'm just too lazy
   to have done it already)
   - Specs (this is much harder.  I looked into mocking things without any
   success.  I suspect someone with more Rspec fu would do better here)
   - Scala 2.8 support (for some reason, compiler detection doesn't work
   normally under Scala 2.8)

I think if we could get continuous compilation into 1.4.0, it would provide
even more weight for this as the next "major release" for Buildr.

Daniel