buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving framework
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:49:53 GMT
I'm not clear on a few design aspects...

Why are dependencies/projects located under the resolver?  Shouldn't the
resolver be just an attribute instead of a structural element?

Are only resolved transitive dependencies persisted in this file?  (Where)
do you persist transitive dependencies that are used during the resolution
process?  If they are not stored, then what's the difference between your
proposal and artifact namespaces?

Where do exclusions/overrides go?

IMO, project dependencies should be kept in the buildfile.  Also, keep in
mind it's currently possible for a project to depend only on a select few
artifacts of another project.

alex