buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject Seg faults with RJB
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:13:23 GMT
I could witness today seg faults with RJB.

I think it comes down to a simple explanation. RJB was installed first with
a JDK5. When the user tried to use Buildr with JDK6, he ran into seg faults
since the code had been compiled for an other version of the JDK.

I think the problem was always there and explains quite a lot of the issues
we faced in the past.

I'd like a honest feedback on this: is there more to it than it seems ? Am I
right to suspect that RJB is bound to a particular VM and that we are stuck
with that VM for running Buildr once the compilation occurred ?

Thanks,

Antoine