buildr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr 1.4.0 RC1
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:06:18 GMT
We can either issue RC2, or we can go straight to the full release.  My
impression is that JRuby 1.5 isn't going to go GA for a while, so it's not
worth waiting unless there's a testing advantage (like fixing those specs I
don't understand).  :-)

Daniel

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Antoine Toulme <antoine@lunar-ocean.com>wrote:

> I'm all for it. Want to issue RC2 ? I can try again, with pygments this
> time.
>
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 22:47, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Default versions for ScalaCheck and ScalaTest pushed to 1.6 and 1.0.1,
> > respectively (Bill just made the release).  Three tests are failing in
> the
> > ScalaTest specs, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with ScalaTest as to
> > figure out what's going on (one of them just looks like a transient FSC
> > failure).
> >
> > Once we get these passing again (and assuming it's before Tuesday), I
> vote
> > that we cut a new release candidate so we can get some more testing in
> > before our deadline for JRuby 1.5.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Alex Boisvert <alex.boisvert@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > I thought about that, but I'm leery about holding up our release even
> > > > longer.  I wouldn't mind giving them one or two days, but any
> longer...
> > > >
> > > > How about this: we allow maybe two days waiting for JRuby 1.5.  In
> the
> > > > meantime, we test with the 1.5 RC to make sure there isn't anything
> > that
> > > > would trip us up.  If 1.5 GA doesn't come out before Tuesday night,
> we
> > do
> > > > the 1.4 release without it.  Once 1.5 comes out, we can test against
> it
> > > and
> > > > repackage the all-in-one distribution.  If there are any bugs which
> > crop
> > > up
> > > > because of changes from 1.5 RC to 1.5 GA, we can do a 1.4.1 (or
> perhaps
> > > > 1.4.0.1) release at that time.  I don't see this as a particularly
> > likely
> > > > scenario though, it seems like all we should need to do is repackage
> > the
> > > > all-in-one and we'll be golden.
> > > >
> > > > How does that strike everyone?
> > > >
> > >
> > > Fine by me.
> > >
> > > alex
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message