buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError : org/apache/buildr/JavaTestFilter in trunk
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:47:12 GMT
On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to be having problems resolving the JavaTestFilter class in trunk
> when running Buildr against a Specs-using Scala project.  It worked fine
> before I merged the latest from trunk into my fork, and there are no
> problems under JRuby (just MRI).  Has anyone else seen/seeing this or is it
> an issue which is peculiar to my system?

It appears to be another issue related to RJB bootstrap, not that you've
removed Java.load from version_str.   I think RJB blacklists the package
"scala." since it's not found the first time it looks for it.

I think we're trying to be too smart with the Scala detection, considering
the limitations of RJB.

Having spent too much time on this already, I think we should remove
Scala.version_str entirely (well, for backward compatibility we could
redirect to Scala.version) and Scala.version should:

1) check if SCALA_HOME is defined, if so use the value from
library.properties,

2) check if build setting 'scala.version' is defined, if so return it

3) or else, return Scala.DEFAULT_VERSION

This would fix another issue where Scala.version could potentially return a
version different from the one pointed by SCALA_HOME.

What do you think?

alex