buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject javac and the classpath
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:11:19 GMT
I am writing specs for the javac command and I am finding out that it resets
the classpath of the application, since you pass a classpath to it.

At this point, it sounds like the safest option is to shell out instead of
running javac in the current JVM, as it has some nasty side effects.

I discovered the problem when I tried to run several specs that were calling
javac in the same file.

This might not happen with JRuby but I wouldn't take chances on it.

Let me know if you have strong objections ; I'll commit soon but it can be
reverted.

Antoine