buildr-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation Board Resolution
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:24:29 GMT

On Oct 20, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> Establish the Apache Buildr project

> interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
> purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
> the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
> a Ruby-based build system that is quick and easy for small jobs,
> extensible and customizable for do-it-yourself handywork, and yet
> suitable for larger multi-lingual, multi-project constructions,
> for distribution at no charge to the public.

I still think the stuff after "a Ruby-based build system"
is more marketing mumbo-jumbo and not suited for a
resolution.

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
> Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache Buildr Project",
> be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
> Foundation; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that The Apache Buildr Project be and hereby is
> responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
> project related to a Ruby-based build system that is quick and
> easy for small jobs, extensible and customizable for
> do-it-yourself handywork, and yet suitable for larger
> multi-lingual, multi-project constructions

Ditto...

> RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Buildr" be
> and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
> at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The
> Apache Buildr Project, and to have primary responsibility for
> management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
> The Apache Buildr Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
> Apache Buildr Project:
>
>   - Assaf Arkin (assaf@apache.org)
>   - Alex Boisvert (boisvert@apache.org)
>   - Victor Hugo Borja (vborja@apache.org)
>   - Antoine Contal (lacton@apache.org)
>   - Matthieu Riou (mriou@apache.org)
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Alex Boisvert be
> and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> Apache Buildr, to serve in accordance with and subject to
> the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
> further

Add:

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Buildr PMC be and hereby is
        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
        encourage open development and increased participation in the
        Apache ${PROJECT} Project; and be it further