buildr-users mailing list archives

From Timo Rantalaiho <Timo.Rantala...@ri.fi>
Subject Re: [buildr] Downloading artifacts' sources
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 05:01:26 GMT
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Assaf Arkin wrote:
> Ideally, only the artifacts you actually need, which are related to
> the compile/test tasks; no point in downloading artifacts that you'll
> never touch.  I can't think of a concrete example where it would be
> much different from downloading all artifacts, so I guess downloading
> everything would be good enough to start with.  The artifacts task

Yes. There might be some corner cases where for example you
refer to a servlet filter class in web.xml, so you only have
a runtime dependency on it, but compiling or testing (unless
you have in-container tests) do not depend on it.

Downloading everything obviously caters for this as well.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho