buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <itt...@tikalk.com>
Subject Re: Set version attribute value in the feature.xml dynamically using buildfile
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:28:30 GMT

Nagaraj wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> I tried this option before.
>

> feature.xml file contents
>
> <feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "${version}">
>   provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
> </feature>
>

> In the buildfile I placed following line
>
> resources.filter.using 'version'=>VERSION_NUMBER
>
> Still I am not getting the correct result.

works for me:
ittayd/tmp/foo > ff
./buildfile
./src/main/resources/feature.xml
ittayd/tmp/foo > cat ./src/main/resources/feature.xml
<feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "${version}">
  provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
</feature>

ittayd/tmp/foo > buildr
(in /tmp/foo, development)
Building foo
[Completed] Your build has completed: /tmp/foo
buildr default
Completed in 0.403s
ittayd/tmp/foo > cat target/resources/feature.xml
<feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "1.0">
  provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
</feature>

maybe you placed feature.xml in a place other than src/main/resources?
if so, you have two options (other than moving it to src/main/resources):
1. if where you put features.xml is the standard place for resources,
you can use layouts
(http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/extending.html#using_alternative_layouts)
to configure buildr to look for resource files there.
2. use resources.filter.from (or resources.from) and
resources.filter.into to configure source and target directories to find
resource files. use resources.filter.include (or resources.include) to
specify glob patterns of files to include

Ittay

--
Ittay Dror <ittayd@tikalk.com>
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>