buildr-users mailing list archives

From Michael Guymon <michael.guy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating an uberjar using Buildr
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:51:28 GMT

While the uberjar task works 'in theory' it ended up not being usable
for the project I am working on. The classloader of Classworlds would
bomb on reflection based injection used by Spring annotations. The app
is also noticeably slower on startup using Classworlds as well. *sigh*

The package(:jar).merge sounds good, but wouldn't duplicates get
overwritten? I have config xmls that are layered in various jars under
the same name. The solution I ended up with was to use `buildr run` from
a checkout of the app. Perhaps I'll tweak the app to avoid the name
collision and try the package(:jar).merge.

I am half tempted to monkey around with Classworlds (perhaps Maven's
shale?) directly to make it do what I want. Seems being able to make
uberjars would be useful. Of coarse, I like java as stand alone services
and avoid the monolithic app servers, so I am a bit bias.