buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Help with code coverage
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 00:39:07 GMT
Hi,

Sorry I missed this. Did anyone get back to you?

We have moved away from both emma and cobertura to jacoco for various
reasons (mostly due to moving to Java 7) and have no problem merging
in data from multiple projects. I had a look on the website and there
does not seem to be any decent documentation for the addon but you can
see the source at [1]. We generate multiple cov files (one for each
project) and then have jenkins merge them into one report. I am not
sure if that helps?

[1] https://github.com/apache/buildr/blob/master/addon/buildr/jacoco.rb

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Vincent Tence <vtence@pyxis-tech.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have a project composed of several sub-projects for which I'd like to measure code
coverage. I'm having trouble getting a top-level coverage report that aggregates coverage
for all sub-projects and at the same time let me drill down the results.

a 4th one that runs integration tests (see build file https://github.com/testinfected/simple-petstore/blob/master/buildfile)

> I'm not having any success with cobertura. If I run:
>
> buildr test cobertura:html
>
> it generates an report with only classes from the server sub-project (the one with the
integration tests), and coverage is 0% (expected, since these 3 classes are covered at integration
level).

> If I add to my buildfile:
>
> cobertura.include 'org.testinfected.==*=='
>
> I finally get coverage for all classes, but still without the coverage from integration
tests. So it's incomplete.

> If I try running:
>
> buildr test integration cobertura:html
>
> report generation fails and cobertura complains that there is no top level reports directory.
>
> On top of that, I have to require the cobertura plugin in my buildfile, since running:
>
> buildr -rbuildr/java/cobertura test cobertura:html
>
> fails with:
>
> RuntimeError : Internal error: attempting to access local setting before buildfile located
>
> With Emma, it's a lot better. It works almost flawlessly running:
>
> buildr -rbuildr/java/emma package emma:html
>
> I get the top level report with aggregates of the sub-projects, but I cannot drill down
into the report. The top level report references html pages that are not found in the top
level report dir.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald