bval-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Bean Validation 0.3-incubating
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 02:33:19 GMT

On Feb 8, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:

> -0
> reason: the discussion about using slf4j just stopped and we didn't decide
> it unanimously (and there was also no official majority vote).

Hi Gerhard,
Were there objections raised regarding slf4j? I recall some discussions, but don't recall
any major objections. If there weren't objections raised, then why would there be reason for
a vote?

> in case of an >explicit< discussion about such a basic topic (which results
> in a new dependency) it feels wrong to me to just committing it (including
> some comments in the jira issue).

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. If you are saying that Jira is not the appropriate
location for community "discussions", then I would agree with you. It's not uncommon, however,
especially in new communities. Certainly a good reminder -- don't treat Jira as a discussion
forum.

--kevan