calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jul...@hydromatic.net>
Subject Re: migrate from 0.8 to 0.9.1
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:07:07 GMT
The release history[1] describes the changes made in each release.
Each release has a section "API changes" that you should read
carefully.

Yes, I would recommend moving to 0.9.1. It is stable, and better than
any previous release.

The maven coordinates have changed from {"net.hydromatic", "optiq"} to
{"org.apache", "calcite"}, but we have not yet renamed packages and
classes[2]. It is almost certainly the last release before the big
re-org, and I will be recommending that everyone moves to 0.9.1 before
they attempt to upgrade to the next release, where all of the packages
will have changed, and many class names too.

Before you upgrade from 0.8, make sure you are not calling any
deprecated methods. They might be removed when you get to 0.9.1. Also
look through the git history, looking for commits called "Remove
deprecated methods" or similar.

If you have any build errors, post them to this list. We should be able to help.

Good luck!

Julian

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/blob/master/doc/HISTORY.md

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-296

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Li, Yang <yangli9@ebay.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm assessing the effort of migrating Kylin<https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin>
from optiq 0.8 to calcite 0.9.1. A few questions appreciate advise.

> -        What are the major changes between the two versions?  Git has a list of commits,
but if a summary exists would be best.