calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK updates for CI
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:32:30 GMT
Yes.

JDK 8 is an exciting opportunity to modernize the code; we can make it less verbose by converting
anonymous inner classes to lambdas, and by using “default” functions in interfaces. For
new features that help significantly with code style, I’d like someone to take a pass over
the code to use those features wherever applicable. I think that would be better than using
the JDK 8 only for new code.

I’ve listed some of the features in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2027 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2027>.

Julian