calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calcite SQL Testing
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 00:03:12 GMT
I’d suggest hsqldb. It may not quite be the fullest SQL, but it is the most convenient because
it is embedded, and therefore it can be used in non-integration tests.

IIRC, hsqldb supports LIMIT, OFFSET and VALUES but does not support windowed aggregation (OVER).

In JdbcAdapterTest you’ll notice that many tests use .enable(…) to target themselves at
particular databases, and CalciteAssert.DatabaseInstance.HSQLDB appears most often.

Julian