calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Chan <yuzhao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support complete implicit type coercion (DISCUSSION)
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2019 04:39:54 GMT
The reviewing starts now, thanks you guys for reviewing, any suggestions are appreciated !

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年5月27日 +0800 AM10:20,Yuzhao Chen <yuzhao.cyz@gmail.com>,写道:
> Hi, guys.
>
> The implicit type coercion is almost supported by every production RDBMS(MYSQL[1], ORACLE[2],
SQLSERVER[3]), also some Hadoop data warehouse facilitates like HIVE.

> As a query optimization engine of many comutation engines(like Apache Flink) and some
OLAP engines(like Apache Drill), Calcite would supply better compatibility for sql query for
the underlying engines it adapter with with implicit type coercion. There are already some
jira issues that are relative with this topic more or less:

> 1. CALCITE-2992: Enhance implicit conversions when generating hash join keys for an equiCondition
> 2. CALCITE-3002: Case statement fails with: SqlValidatorException: Cannot apply '=' to
arguments of type '<INTEGER> = <BOOLEAN>'