cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patrick Bannister (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CASSANDRA-14298) cqlshlib tests broken on b.a.o
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 00:36:00 GMT


Patrick Bannister commented on CASSANDRA-14298:

[], I diagnosed the cause of the Unicode related failures. You are running
the dtests in the Docker image kjellman/cassandra-test:0.4.4. That image does not have a locale
configured, other than C.UTF-8.

I recommend we resolve this by adding the following RUN command to the Dockerfile and rebuilding
the image:
RUN sudo apt-get -q -y install locales && sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8 && sudo
apt-get -q -y remove locales
I still need to look into the other failures you encountered, but this should at least clear
up the Unicode problems.

> cqlshlib tests broken on b.a.o
> ------------------------------
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-14298
>                 URL:
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Build, Testing
>            Reporter: Stefan Podkowinski
>            Assignee: Patrick Bannister
>            Priority: Major
>              Labels: cqlsh, dtest
>         Attachments: CASSANDRA-14298-old.txt, CASSANDRA-14298.txt,
> It appears that cqlsh-tests on on all branches stopped working since
we removed nosetests from the system environment. See e.g. [here|,jdk=JDK%201.8%20(latest),label=cassandra/console].
Looks like we either have to make nosetests available again or migrate to pytest as we did
with dtests. Giving pytest a quick try resulted in many errors locally, but I haven't inspected
them in detail yet. 

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message