cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Len Bellemore <Len.Bellem...@ControlCircle.com>
Subject question about snapshots and Windows Volume Shadow Copy
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:37:44 GMT
Hi Guys,

I've been asked if Cloudstack snapshots integrate in any way with Windows Volume Shadow Copy.
 I guess the question is really about what type of "backup" does cloudstack actually provide.
Is it only crash consistent?  I know with 4.2 we have VMWare snapshot support, which is a
really great feature addition, but with XenServer, what are my options?

Thanks
Len

IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which
may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email
(to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle
e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business
purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes