cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Young <iyo...@ratespecial.com>
Subject instances using virtual router for DNS instead of DNS servers
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 01:04:28 GMT
When I set up CloudStack, I chose my physical DNS servers as both the
internal and external DNS servers.  They perform recursion, so they are
suitable for queries about hosts on the LAN as well as on the rest of the
internet.  However, the /etc/resolv.conf file in my instances lists the
virtual router first, followed by the physical servers I chose during
setup.  The virtual router does not successfully return answers about
internal hosts, causing the instances to be unable to reach each other.

I'm aware of the use.external.dns option but the last time I set that to
true and restarted the virtual router, it failed to start up again.  Why is
DHCP assigning the virtual router as the first name server instead of using
the ones I selected during setup?