cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preventing new deployments to specific primary storage
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:22:13 GMT
if you just add storage tag it will just have a tag attached to it. This
single change will not be your solution and also will not cause issues.

If no compute/storage offerings are referencing that tag - that just means
that the volume might/will also be placed on that primary storage and also
on other prim storages.

When you shutdown VM - there is button called "Migrate Instance to another
primary storage"
So this is what you might want to use...

Also, when new volumes should be deployed, cloudstack should detect that
your first storage is full, and skip it, and search for another one, if I'm
not mistaken...
You can just lower tresholds to i.e. 80%, so no new volumes will be created
if the storage is over 80% full - thus you have space to grow existing
volumes...
Take overprovisioning into account...

--

Andrija Panić