cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Kirch <trel...@trelane.net>
Subject Re: ok, so I followed the instructions (noob question)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:14:41 GMT
Jayapal,

Thanks, this got me going in the right direction!

Andrew

On 12/9/2014 11:27 PM, Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>  From your email I understand that you are using basic zone.
> If you want to access the vm you need to configure the ingress rules in security groups.
>

> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 10-Dec-2014, at 9:49 AM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> There are iptables and ebtables running on the host providing isolation for basic
zone networking.
>> It will be better to allow traffic for required services using cloudstack instead
of manually disabling iptables on guest.
>> More on security groups here https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/security-groups.html
>>

>> Abhinandan Prateek
>>
>> M +919701199011
>> abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com
>>

>>> On 10-Dec-2014, at 9:31 am, Andrew Kirch <trelane@trelane.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got cloudstack running, I've imported my instance, I have the console running
but I can't connect to the instance.  I'm configured as a flat layer2 network, and the firewall
on the instance is disabled for testing.  does cloudstack have a firewall somewhere?
>>> the entire thing is set up on 192.168.100.0/24 with 30-99 reserved for cloudstack,
and 100+ reserved to DHCP.  I can console to the host (thanks for the help earlier on that)
and can ping, and can ping machines on the local lan, but they cannot connect.