cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "ChunFeng" <chunf...@domolo.com>
Subject How cloudstack make a choice between two or more "same function" plugins ?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 03:37:16 GMT
Hi all,

    I know that CloudStack has 40+ plugins available for use , and I had already write some
of my own version's dummy plugin for study purpose .

    Such as , I write my own version of  cloud-plugin-hypervisor-kvm plugin .

    Now the question is comming in ,  How cloudstack make a choice between two or more "same
function" plugins ?  Should I assign some "Flag" in global options , just like : Host Random
Allocator does ?

    If I put some config item in global options , which means , I had to modify cloudstack
framework to let cloudstack aware that config item .  And I thought this is not the "plugin
way" to extend cloudstack functionality .

    Any suggestions ?

Regards,

ChunFeng