cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "ChunFeng" <chunf...@domolo.com>
Subject Re: network throttling
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:39:33 GMT
The network throttling not work as expected at : XenServer 6.2

Below is my test procedures:

Step 1:  create a new System Service Offering ( Domain router ) with network rate 3 Mb/s.

ID	299dd143-55dc-4690-8921-0fefc364c523
Description 	ChunFengSSO001
System VM Type	Domain router
Storage Type	shared
# of CPU Cores	1
CPU (in MHz)	256 MHz
Memory (in MB)	256.00 MB
Network Rate (Mb/s)	3

Step 2.  create a new network offering with network rate : 4 Mb/s

ID	56774fb1-1618-4e0c-946d-23ec7c130cb8
Description  	ChunFengNO001
State	Enabled
Guest Type	Isolated
label.persistent	No
Egress Default Policy	Allow
Availability	Optional
Created by system	No
Specify VLAN	No
Specify IP ranges	No
Conserve mode	Yes
Network Rate (Mb/s)	4 Mb/s

step 3.   create a new network with  Network Offering created by step 2 .

ID	24730700-35a9-428e-976f-e0f1d6f5520c
Zone	podXS
Description	ChunFeng-net-001
Type	Isolated
State	Implemented
VPC ID	N/A
Persistent	No
Restart required	No
VLAN/VNI ID	41
broadcasturi	vlan://41
Network Offering	ChunFengNO001
CIDR	192.168.130.0/24
Network CIDR
IPv6 Gateway
IPv6 CIDR
Reserved IP Range
Network Domain	cs2cloud.internal
Domain	ROOT
Account	admin

step 4.  create a new VM with network created by step 3 .

After  new VR and new VM in running status , then verify the network throttings :

I use xencenter client connect to the console of VR , in network tab , the "Limit" properties
is not : 3Mb/s or 4 Mb/s , but 384 Kb/s , so weired.

Regards,

ChunFeng