cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirk.kosin...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Best way to update Templates
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 00:23:47 GMT
Hi, yes that is a good way to do it.  Note that if you do delete a template that is in use,
it won't actually be deleted on the back-end (i.e. the database entries will remain, as will
the files on secondary storage), rather it is just hidden from the end-users in the UI and
API.  Giving a new template the same name as a deleted one might be a bit confusing so you
could consider adding a version number or date code.

Best regards,

Regards,

KirkĀ Kosinski

kirk.kosinski@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HS
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Lair [mailto:slair@ippathways.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 3:09 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Best way to update Templates

Hello,

We need to periodically update our templates, for example installing the latest Windows updates
in our Windows Server templates  Is there a way to update existing templates or do we just
need to delete the old template and create new one with the same name?

The only issue I see with that so far is that we lose the linkage between instaces (VMs) and
templates.

Thanks
Sean