cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Unable to remove host server
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:55:18 GMT
Hi Gabriel,

I have found out what was the problem and managed to delete the host from the GUI and the
cloudmonkey helped me with it. There seems to be a bug in the GUI version 4.9.2.0 and perhaps
earlier.

The way that I tried to delete the host before was to Disable the host first and click on
the Delete (X) icon. This has presented me with a message window asking to confirm the deletion
and an option to use force delete. I have tried to delete with and without the force delete
option checked, and both options didn't work.

However, when I tried to delete via the cloudmonkey, it has given me an error message stating
that I can only delete the host which is in the Maintenance Mode. There was no such message
in the GUI and the Delete option becomes available after you switch the host into the Disabled
mode.

Thus, I have tried to delete the host by first making it in the Maintenance Mode and pressing
the Delete button.

It seems that there is a logic bug in the ACS gui where it gives me the Delete option after
switching the host to the Disabled state, even though according to the backend, you can't
delete the host in that mode.

Andrei