cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16030...@lums.edu.pk>
Subject Re: Cloudstack and KVM installation with IP addresses allocated by DHCP
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:22:12 GMT
Thanks Boris and Dag for quick reply.

@Dag How do I utilize static IP addresses in combination with DHCP reservations?

I have just installed CentOs and connected to the network on wire. DHCP has given me 10.103.72.65/23
IP address. What do I need to do from now on?

Regards

________________________________
From: Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:41:26 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack and KVM installation with IP addresses allocated by DHCP

Hi Muhammed,

This may be possible if your DNS infrastructure is rock solid and is guaranteed to work from
all CloudStack networks (you would possibly also have to set your TTL on your DNS entries
low)  – but all in all I would recommend you utilize static IP addresses, alternatively
in combination with DHCP reservations to ensure you don’t have IP conflicts in your infrastructure.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue