cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject RE: 1 Pod Host Offline, All VMs Shut Down
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:55:27 GMT
What hypervisor are you using and what did the damaged cable connect?

Simon Weller/615-312-6068

-----Original Message-----
From: Asai [asai@globalchangemusic.org]
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org [users@cloudstack.apache.org]
Subject: 1 Pod Host Offline, All VMs Shut Down

Greetings,

I have 2 hosts in a pod, and 3 primary storage shares. I just ran into
an issue where a cable accidentally got damaged which took host 2
offline and primary storage 2 offline, but ALL of my VMs shut down
spontaneously.  Weird, because only half of my VMs are running on host 2
and primary storage 2.  Even the VMs on host 1 and primary storage 1
shut down.  Can anyone shed light on why this would have happened and
how I can avoid this in the future?

Much thanks,
Asai