cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System Capacity Limits
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:02:59 GMT
Hi Adam,

That insufficient capacity exception message has probably nothing to do
with the number of CPU cores (and most of the time with anything
capacity-related, it's just that we are lazy to pass the real error to as
the API reaponse...) but is a general message that can mean 100 different
things.

The real reason you'll only find in the mgmt logs.

And, I have tested 4.11.2 and 4.13/master - number of CPU cores is NOT
taken into the consideration/math - with or without overprovisioning (I
have cpu.overprovisioning.factor set to 2. 0 and was able to provision 250%
of my CPU core).

Dig the logs and see what is really the exception.

Best,
Andrija