cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load balancing VMs on shared network
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2019 03:32:10 GMT
No way. For Shared networks in Advanced Zone, VR is used only for
dhcp/dns/user-data/meta-data amd nothing else at all.

To use VR as the loadbalancer, you need to deploy a VPC, and use the
correct network offering (offerring...vpc...netwotks...withExternalLB or
similar name...). This means you can do LB across VMs in only this network
(there can be only one network with external LB service within a single
VPC).

Hope that helps.
Andrija