cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Kumar <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: CloudStack VMware Network Question
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:29:20 GMT
Hello Mike,

It works pretty well if we use separate network for Management and VMware hosts. If you can
have a look on the logs you will get to know the reason of not getting deployed. Make sure
that you have proper routing between you Management network and POD network (VMware hosts)
.

Vivek Kumar
Manager - Cloud & DevOps
IndiQus Technologies
24*7  O +91 11 4055 1411  |   M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com <http://indiqus.com/>

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for such action. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Although
IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both
are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

> On 02-Jul-2020, at 12:13 AM, Corey, Mike <mike.corey@sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m running into trouble with deploying the SystemVMs.  I think it’s because the
“Management Network” is different IP/VLAN than what my ESXi vmkernel port group is.

> I have re-read the installation doc and if this is in fact a requirement than it stinks…
>
> In the vSwitch properties dialog box, you may see a vCenter management network. This
same network will also be used as the CloudStack management network. CloudStack requires the
vCenter management network to be configured properly.

> Do the ESXi vmkernel and the network for the SystemVMs need to be the same VLAN/Network/Port
Group?  As I stand right now, my ESXi hosts are on network 192.168.32.x and the management
IP ranges are 192.168.4.x.

> If that is the case – can you explicitly call that out in the setup/installation?
Also, why is this the case as we’d typically have management and hypervisors on isolated/separate
networks (ACLs).