cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From li jerry <div...@hotmail.com>
Subject KVM host AvailableMemory data is incorrect
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2020 06:27:17 GMT
Hello everyone
     We use HCI to run CloudStack (KVM+CEPH). After running for a period of time, cloudstack
reports that HOST has no available memory. But ZABBIX monitoring shows that HOST still has
a lot of available memory. By observing /proc/meminfo on KVM HOST, it is found that most of
the memory is occupied by Buffers.

     Further analysis of the source code of cloudstack-agent shows that the algorithm for
cloudstack-agent to obtain AvailableMemory on the host is:

Cached +MemFree -reservedMemory +overCommitMemory

It does not calculate the memory occupied by Buffers.

Excuse me, can I mark the memory occupied by Buffers as AvailableMemory?

If not, what is the reason?

Thank you!

-       Jerry