cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ward <rww...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: Local-link address change issue
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2020 18:08:08 GMT
Hi Adam,

Already tried restarts. No luck. I did actually "hard code" the ip info in the agent.properties
file as suggested here:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/3488

But still no change.

Thanks,

Robert
On 2020/08/24 08:34:44, Adam Witwicki <awitwicki@oakfordis.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> I think you may need to restart your agents - the new value should be written to /etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties
>
> control.cidr=
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam

and attachments in this email with caution. **

> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to change the KVM System VM's local-link address and am not having much
success. I have changed the global setting: control.cidr (CS 4.14.0) to both 10.254.0.0/16
and 172.31.0.0/16, restarted the MS, destroyed and re-created the VM's but I am still stuck
in the 169.254.0.0/16 subnet. Not seeing anything in the logs that would indicate an issue.

> Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
> Disclaimer Notice:
> This email has been sent by Oakford Technology Limited, while we have checked this e-mail
and any attachments for viruses, we can not guarantee that they are virus-free. You must therefore
take full responsibility for virus checking.
> This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by those to
whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us, delete
the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without
our prior permission is prohibited.
> Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Oakford Technology Limited
does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying
its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oakford Technology Limited.
> Registered address: Oakford Technology Limited, The Manor House, Potterne, Wiltshire.
SN10 5PN.