cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Smart <msm...@smartsoftwareinc.com>
Subject Changing a host's password
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2020 22:32:44 GMT
This process seems straightforward to me but I want to make sure I
understand the parameters to pass into step 3 from the guide:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/hosts.html#changing-host-password

Here is the command for encrypting the password in step 3:
java -classpath /usr/share/cloudstack-common/lib/jasypt-1.9.0.jar \
org.jasypt.intf.cli.JasyptPBEStringEncryptionCLI \
encrypt.sh input="newrootpassword" \
password="databasekey" \
verbose=false

The two parameters are input and password.
Is the input parameter where I put the new password and, if so, where do
I find the "databasekey" that is indicated to be the proper value of the
password parameter?
Or
Is the input parameter just an unused descriptive field that can contain
any value and the password parameter is where the new password should go?

I cannot seem to find a good description of how to use
JasyptPBEStringEncryptionCLI online anywhere.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Smart
President