cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloud Provider Interested in CloudStack
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2020 08:00:26 GMT
Ivet, the simplest way to put it is that cloudstack is a turnkey solution,
while openstack is a set of frameworks. You will need to have your infra
components in place, but then you can start orchestrating them without
having to write much "glueing" software to get an orchestration platform. I
don't know the current state of openstack, so an honest comparison is not
possible but this basic difference has always been there.
In addition to that your client will have to look at support matrices for
hard- and software in both.

regards,

--
Daan