cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Cloud Provider Interested in CloudStack
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2020 10:09:26 GMT
I can confirm this what Daan said, openstack needs orchestration tool to
update components in particular order. It's doable but needs pretty good
knowledge about each service and component and compatibility to each
other and versions running.

Exposing openstack api to public is not a thing I would recommend, many
clouds create their own api on top. As a consequence, tooling and
integration must be developed. an investment in time and knowledge must
be made.

Cloudstack is much easier to manage and the api can be exposed to the
public. Some public clouds based on cloudstack just have reduces the
features exposed to the api but have not changed api, though existing
integration, like orchesration and tooling can be used. Onboarding for
customers will be much better covered.