cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Kumar <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Need some clarification on | expunge.interval | expunge.delay
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2021 11:40:18 GMT
Thanks mate.! 😊

> On 08-Jul-2021, at 5:05 PM, Yordan Kostov <YordanK@NSOGROUP.COM> wrote:
>
> You got that right.
> Expunge process for that VM will be done in the time range from 24 to 48 hours depending
on when the thread runs.

> Regards,
> Jordan

So if I delete the VM now, it will be qualified to be expunged after 24 hours, and later after
24 hours, it will be deleted whenever expunge thread will run.

> So  it will be deleted in 48 hours ..!  correct  ?
>
> Regards,
> Vivek Kumar
>

>> On 08-Jul-2021, at 4:48 PM, Yordan Kostov <YordanK@NSOGROUP.COM> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vivek,
>>
>>      Expunge delay - means after what time the VM will be qualified to be deleted.
If you set this value to  604800 (7 days). This means the VM that is destroyed will be kept
for no less than 7 days in cloudstack before being expunged.

>>      Expunge interval - is responsible for how often the expunge procedure is run.
If the value is set to 86400 (24 hours) it will check once every 24 if any VMs qualify for
expunge process.

>>      If you combine the two examples above - every 24 hours expunge thread will launch
and check if there are VMs in destroyed state longer than 7 days. VMs that qualify the filter
will be expunged.

>> Best regards,
>> Jordan

- So how does this both work. Let’s say if I set values 86400( 24 hours) in both settings.
So When I destroy my VM today, it will get expunged after 24 hours as per the expunge.intervel.
So what’s this expunge.delay ?