cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yordan Kostov <Yord...@NSOGROUP.COM>
Subject RE: XCP-ng Backup Cloudstack 4.15
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2021 11:06:02 GMT
I will be digging into that this matter week.

We are trying to do some kind of disaster recovery setup for XCP-NG/XenServer setup and Veeam.

The raw design idea we are having is Backup is done through ACS, Veeam collects the backup
once every X days for DR purposes.
Restore is a bit more problematic because dumping the VHDs back is fine but it wont show in
ACS GUI under the proper volume.
A good thing is that when volume backup is removed due to retention policy expiration the
ACS DB entry in table " snapshots" is kept but marked from "Backup" to "Destroyed"
So during restore of the VHD if the name of the VHD can be used to revert that entry change
in the DB will probably make the backup appear in the GUI.

What I mention above is the worst case scenario where every step should be automated.
I need to dig into the backup framework and the api to see how they can aid this process.

Best regards,
Jordan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: 12 юли 2021 г. 12:41
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: XCP-ng Backup Cloudstack 4.15

[X] This message came from outside your organization

Hi Abishek,

That's right, the current Backup & Recovery framework only supports Veeam provider on
VMware.

For XenServer/xcpng, we don't have a plugin/provider, however volume snapshots can be used
to backup snapshots on secondary storage.

Regards.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav