cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andy Nguyen <andy.ca...@anaki.net>
Subject Re: Secondary storage doesn't work
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2021 04:24:00 GMT
The host value has the correct IP so I didn't make any changes there.
I did some Googling and found someone mentioning uploading need to happen over https rather
than http, so I switched to https, still no luck.
Checking the log, it says something about unable to find matched VM for management VM in CloudStack
DB
The ISO info is registering though, so now I have several items on the list of ISOs, but none
of it actually point to an actual ISO file, so I can't delete them from the UI either, but
that's least of my concern right now.
Very tempted to redo everything once more to see if I can make it work... Dreading the outdated
list of dependencies though...

On 2021/07/19 07:03:46, Darrin Hüsselmann <Darrin.Husselmann@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> No worries, have a look at what is set in the global variable "host". You can find global
variables by going to Configuration -> Global Settings. You can use the search field to
narrow down the options. If you must make a change there, try destroying the system VMs after
changing the setting.

> Cheers,
> Darrin
>
> ________________________________

for being such an idiot. I found that I missed the system VM template step completely in all
the times I go through the steps.

> That said, I got the system VM up, and now getting different error, that it can't find
the server. I checked the log, it says it can't resolve the server name I provided, which
is odd. I made sure the name resolves through the DNS, I also made the entry in host file
on the management VM, host machine, and my own. There's no problem resolving the name from
CLI. The only place I haven't done anything is the system VM that's created from template,
but logically it should just pull from DNS on the network, right?

> On 2021/07/14 11:16:46, Darrin Hüsselmann <Darrin.Husselmann@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> > Hi Andy,
> >
> > I agree with Ed.
> >
> > The error you are receiving means the Secondary Storage System VM has not started
and is not in the correct state to download the iso.

> > Cloudstack needs to start two System VMs for it to be operational, Console Proxy
VM and Secondary Storage VM. But before it can do that, it needs a template to build the VMs
from.

> > You must execute the script from the management server that will upload the correct
system VM template to your secondary storage first before the SSVM and CPVM can be started.
Only then will you be able to register an iso.