cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Anaparti <Suresh.Anapa...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Will Cloudstack work with existing KVM server?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2021 05:43:53 GMT
Hi Chris,

Yes, CloudStack works with existing KVM, you can check the server requirements and installation
details here: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/hypervisor/kvm.html#host-kvm-installation

Regards,
Suresh

On 13/08/21, 11:04 AM, "Chris Jefferies" <chris@freeranger.com> wrote:

    I have an existing server running ubuntu 16.04 and it's been running KVM for quite a while.
 Mostly I use virt-manager GUI over xwindows to manage my VMs.  Looking now for a web UI that
can work with that.

    Can Cloudstack be used as a remote manager, perhaps even running in a separate VM instance,
which is configured to manage the parent libvirt/qemu.

    Can it discover the existing setup and be retrofitted with the existing configs, storage
pools (mostly LVM), etc.

    If not, does anyone have suggestions.  Thanks.